For a map directing you to Winchester, Virginia click here.
At first called Frederickstown, it was founded in 1744, near a Shawnee Indian village, by Colonial James Wood, a native
of the English city of Winchester. The town was situated in Lord Fairfax's proprietary of the Northern Neck. It was
chartered in 1752.
Third Battle of Winchester, JA Rte. 522 at national cemetery
General Daniel Morgan, Q-4-a Rte. 50, at e. limits
Winchester, Q-4-a Rte. 50, at e. limits
Joist Hite and Braddock, Q4-b Rte. 7, at e. limits
Winchester, Q4-b Rte. 7, at e. limits
George Washington, Q-4-c Rte. 11, at n. limits
Winchester, Q-4-c Rte. 11, at n. limits
Lord Fairfax, Q4-d Rte. 522, at n. limits
Winchester, Q4-d Rte. 522, at n. limits
Colonel James Wood, Q-4-e Rte. 50, just w. of Rte. 11
Winchester, Q-4-e Rte. 50, just w. of Rte. 11
Jackson's Headquarters, Q-4-f 415 N. Braddock St.
Return to Independent Cities menu
Signs of History SM is a servicemark of Grover Hibberd & Jayne Pitts-Hibberd
Send comments or suggestions to: GroverHibberd@aol.com
Copyright 1998 Grover & Jayne Hibberd