|Signs of History (SM)|
|Created from parts of Carter, Lewis and Elliott counties with county seat here by legislative act signed February 9, 1904, by Governor J. C. W. Beckham, for whom it was named. G. C. Brooks appointed County Judge. On April 29, 1904, the Court of Appeals ruled that it failed to meet constitutional standards of size and population and ordered it dissolved. |
Photographs and research information courtesy of the 7th grade Social Studies Class from West Carter Middle School under the direction of Mr. Malcolm Carter (1997).
To view research papers and portfolio entries by Mr. Carter's class on this subject click here