Carrollton

Signs of HistorySM
First settled 1792, incorporated as port William 1794. Carroll County formed and Name of town changed to Carrollton by the Ky legislature, 1838, both honoring "Charles Carroll of Carrollton" of Maryland, bold signer of the Declaration of Independence.
Photographs courtesy of 5th graders Nick Leep and Evan Richter, Cartmell Elementary School, Carrollton, Ky.

Return to Carroll County marker listing