The Masterson House

Signs of HistorySM
First court of Gallatin County held here May 14, 1799. Bishop Francis Asbury visited "Widow Masterson" in 1808. Sarah and Richard Masterson are buried in the family cemetery nearby. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places, 1975. It was restored by Port William Historical Society, 1979-80.
Photographs courtesy of 5th graders Nick Leep and Evan Richter, Cartmell Elementary School, Carrollton, Ky.

For more pictures of the area click here.

Return to Carroll County marker listing