Scott's Block House

Signs of HistorySM


Blockhouse built here, 1789, by Gen. Charles Scott for protection of settlers against Indians who had massacred and driven off earlier families. Scott came from Virginia, 1785. He was in the French and Indian Wars. Organized first company south of James River in the Revolution. Indian fighter, in Battle of Fallen Timbers, 1794. Gov. of Kentucky, 1808-12.
Photographs courtesy of 5th graders Nick Leep and Evan Richter, Cartmell Elementary School, Carrollton, Ky. (April, 1997)

For more pictures of the area click here.

Return to Carroll County marker listing