Signs of History (SM)

FULTON COUNTY

Formed April 19, 1850 out of Bedford County. Named for steamboat inventor Robert Fulton. Scene of Confederacy's first casualties in the Gettysburg Campaign, and its last campsite [1864] in Pennsylvania. McConnellsburg, county seat, incorporated 1814. (City type: County Courthouse, N. 2nd & Market Sts., McConnellsburg.)

For a map directing you to Fulton County click here.
BURNT CABINS ( US 522, .2 mile S of Burnt Cabins, County line.)
FORBES ROAD [RAYSTOWN PATH] ( US 522, .2 mile SW of Burnt Cabins.)
FORT LITTLETON ( Plaque: US 522, .5 mile E of Fort Littleton.)
FORT LYTTELTON ( US 522 at Fort Littleton.)
GETTYSBURG CAMPAIGN ( PA 16 [old US 30] at E end McConnellsburg.)
CONFEDERATE DEAD ( PA 16, A mile SE of McConnellsburg.)
LAST CONFEDERATE BIVOUAC ( US 522, .6 mile S of McConnellsville.)
[LAST CONFEDERATE BIVOUAC] ( Plaque: US 522 [W side] .6 mile S of McConnellsburg.)
BIG SPRING GRAVEYARD ( US 522, 2.8 miles S of McConnellsburg.)
HUNTER MILL ( US 522, 5.3 miles S of McConnellsburg at Webster Mills.)

Return to Pennsylvania's county list.

Signs of History SM is a service mark of Grover & Jayne Hibberd
Copyright 1999
Send comments and suggestions to: GroverHibberd@aol.com