WARREN COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA
Formed March 12, 1800 from Allegheny and Lycoming
counties. Named for Gen. Joseph Warren, killed at Bunker Hill.
Warren, the county seat, was laid out in 1795. Long known for its oil and
timber operations, and site of the Cornplanter Indian Grant. City
type: County Courthouse, 4th Aye. at Market St., Warren.
For a map directing you to Warren County click here.
THE GRANDIN WELL ( US 62, .4 mile S of Allegheny River
bridge near Tidioute.)
INDIAN PAINT HILL ( US 62, 3 miles NE of Tidioute.)
THOMPSON' S ISLAND ( US 62, 9 miles SW of Warren.)
GEN. WILLIAM IRVINE ( Old US 6 (SR 3022) W of US 62, Irvine.)
BUCKALOONS ( In Buckaloons Park near US 62 E of Irvine.)
CELORON'S EXPEDITON ( Pennsylvania Ave (Business US 6) at Hickory St ,
CONEWANGO ( Pennsylvania Ave. (Business US 6), Conewango Creek bridge,
Return to Pennsylvania's county list.
Signs of History ® is a
registered mark of Grover & Jayne Hibberd
Send comments and suggestions to: GroverHibberd@aol.com