CLINTON COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA
Formed on June 21, 1839 out of Lycoming and Centre
counties. Named probably for New York's Gov. DeWitt Clinton. Site of
"Tiadaghton Declaration of Independence," 1776. In 19th century
a lumbering center. Lock Haven, the county seat, became a city in
1870. City type: Heisey Museum. 362 E. water St., Lock Haven.
For a map directing you to Clinton County click here.
DANIEL H. HASTINGS ( PA 64 at PA 477 NW of Salona.)
GREAT SHAMOKIN PATH ( PA 150 (old US 220) 23 miles SW of Lock Haven.)
SINNEMAHONING PATH ( PA 120, 14 miles NW of Lock Haven.)
FORT REED ( PA 120 (W. Main & W. Water Sts.), Lock Haven.)
PENNSYWANIA CANAL (WEST BRANCH DIVISION) ( PA 120 (E. Water St. near Jay
St.), Lock Haven.)
THE GREAT ISLAND ( PA 150 (old US 220) 1.3 miles NE of Lock Haven.)
FORT HORN ( PA 150, 4 miles NE of Lock Haven.)
SHAMOKIN PATH ( PA 150, 6 miles NE of Lock Haven.)
TIADAGHTON ELM ( SR 1016 (old US 220) 8.5 miles NE of Lock Haven near
TIADAGHTON ELM ( 2 miles S of SR 1016, just off twp. road E of Avis.)
Return to Pennsylvania's county list.
Signs of History ® is a
registered mark of Grover & Jayne Hibberd
Send comments and suggestions to: GroverHibberd@aol.com